The first TEDxMCPSTeachers event theme is “Transforming Teaching Right Before Your Eyes!” The event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9, from 3:30 to 8 p.m. at Hellgate High School Auditorium, 900 South Higgins Avenue, in Missoula. A light dinner will be available at the event. Click here to view or download a pdf of the program.
2:30-3:45 p.m. Registration
3:00-3:20 p.m. Bonus: Pre-recorded TED Talks
3:20-3:30 p.m. Audience Directions
3:30-5:15 p.m. Session I
Host Melanie Charlson
- TEDx Introduction*
- Introducing TED-Ed: Lessons Worth Sharing*
- Marco Tempest: A magical tale (with augmented reality)*
- Craig Messerman: Standards-based grading and the game of school
- Rachel Rhoades: Coordinating a film festival
- Tracy Hardy: How do you teach a kid on the roof
- Kasey Dirnberger: The Importance of Technology Education at the Elementary Level
- Paul Anderson: Classroom game design*
- Katie Didier: When technology turns toxic
- Michelle Beatty: Student engagement and learning environments with PBL
- Kelly Chumrau: Isn’t it a wonder?
- Scott Chook: Motivation through movie making
- Jessica Stamler: Co-teaching–avoiding the clash of the titans
- Eric Whitacre: Virtual choir 2,000 voices strong*
5:15-6:00 p.m. Break for Refreshments – Hellgate High School Cafeteria
Please join us for a complimentary meal and to sign Session I speaker posters.
6:00-7:45 p.m. Session II
Host Melanie Charlson
- Welcome back
- Tierney Thys: The Secret Life of Plankton*
- Mack Gilcrest: Percussion solo
- Dave Oberbillig: Our relationship with food as a biological concept
- Austin Graef: Spoken art
- Michele Nokleby: Share it! Publishing student work online
- Nick Shepherd: Flipped classroom
- Abigail Washburn: Building US-China relations … by banjo*
- Brad Chumrau: Finding inspiration and liberation through inquiry-based education
- Lisa Waller: Do what you love
- Wendy Lofthouse: My son—lessons learned
- Kenzie Lombardi: Apathy
- Drew Dudley: Everyday leadership*
7:45-8:00 p.m. Audience and Speaker Reception
Please join us to thank all of our speakers and to sign Session II speaker posters.
For more information, contact TEDxMCPSTeachers at TEDxMCPSTeachers@gmail.com.